Social media has been popular these days to the new generation and even the old. Everyone always find time to go online, even businesses. It is usual for companies to become associated with the social media fever for them to spread the buzz about their organization and to easily communicate with their customers. You must know what your audience is interested in seeing, reading and knowing about. It is your duty to provide new ideas and generate inspirational stories from your own company. Here are the characteristics of a good online content both for your business website and social media posts.
1. True. You must speak only the truth for everything you create. Your website's content must only feature real individuals, legitimate emotions, facts, and real situations. You must prove to them that your product is visible and effective, with the use of case studies, narration of clients, and stories of costumers. It must be explained in a way that your costumer will be able to relate with it, how it improves the lives of your clients, how it eases their difficulties, and how well it can provide for their needs. Your featured content is not literal about gossip stories; It's all about telling them a real story well.
2. Relevant. Know your content's purpose is important. You must also know its key message. What you're aiming to accomplish and the reason why you are telling this is also a thing that you must consider. A journalism school tip: You must express the main idea of your content with only one sentence. Doing this will let you concentrate on what your content is all about and to let the readers know what they can benefit from it.
3. Human. Human element is one factor that a good content should have. Why? Simply because your readers are human, and it'll be better if they can relate with the content they're reading instead of letting them read something that is way beyond their knowledge. It is also applicable to B2B companies. Even though you own a company that sells to some other companies, you still have to concentrate on grabbing an idea on how your services or products can touch other people's lives.
4. Passionate. You must know how to care. Simple, right? If you are not passionate about what you're writing about, your readers would not too. It is said that "Nobody cares until you start caring." Try to encourage your most passionate readers or costumers to share their stories in their own unique way.
5. Original. Your content must not only be interesting, it must also have a fresh and new matter. You can add up its importance and what's new about it. You must seek something fresh for your content for it to be a lot more interesting.
6. Surprising. Unexpected stories also attract readers. It lets your readers be curious about your content, it also adds up to their excitement. Your content must be interesting enough to surprise your readers.